We are slowly making our way into the hot, lazy days of summer. Time for baseball, cookouts, and splashing in the pool. It’s also time to switch your bulletin board for the next three months or so. Are you looking for some simple ideas that won’t take a lot of work? Here are three ideas for your summer bulletin board.
Six Ideas For Your Summer Bulletin Board.
1. Sipping through summer-Cut out milkshake patterns and have your students color them. Add stretched out cotton balls for fluffy whipped cream and a small red pom pom on top. Buy a red checkered table cloth and cut a piece as long as the bottom end of your bulletin board. Staple it to the bottom. Add a colored background that you think will complement and then line up and staple the milkshakes on the table cloth. Add the caption, “Sipping Through Summer.”
2. Lazy Days-Make a pool background on your bulletin board. Copy and cut out patterns of children at the pool and add a head shot of each of your students. Add the cutouts to the pool. You may even want to add yourself and your co-teacher as lifeguards. Add the caption, ” Crazy, lazy days of summer.” or “Splashing through summer.”
3. Flying through Summer-Another great idea for your summer bulletin board is to add a blue background with some clouds and green on the bottom for grass. Copy patterns of kites and have your kids color them. Add different colored yarn for a tail and then staple them all over the bulletin board. Add the caption, “Flying through summer.”
Another three ideas for your summer bulletin board.
4. S’more Summer- Cut out a template for a s’more and have your kids color the graham and the chocolate. Add googly eyes to the marshmallow part and a smile. Add a dark blue background to your bulletin board and a template of a bon fire and then scatter your s’mores all around the board. Add the caption, “We are ready for s’more summer.”
5. Strawberrylicious Summer-Print an oversize template of a basket of strawberries. Also print off enough individual strawberry patterns for your class. Have the kids color them and add googly eyes and a smile. Add green on the bottom for grass and light blue on top for sky. Add the caption, “Strawberrylicious Summer.”
6. Swimming into summer-Add a blue background and have your kids color templates of fish. Add some grass and seaweed. Then add the caption “Swimming into summer.”
These three ideas for your summer bulletin board should make re-doing things a snap and have a bright, eye catching board all summer.